Seven individuals, including a five months old baby were injured in a bomb explosion inside Mindanao Star bus in Prk. Narra, Upper San Mateo, Aleosan, Cotabato.
A still unidentified type of improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated at the back portion of the passenger bus with body number 1551 driven by Michael Sochaysing Hubabib, 36 years old, and a resident of Matina, Davao City.
Initial investigation disclosed that an unidentified suspect, carrying a baggage has boarded the bus in Kabacan, Cotabato Province, and he immediately disembarked and leaving his baggage upon reaching Pikit, Cotabato Province.
The incident resulted in the injury of seven (7) individuals namely:
- Haron Solaiman Jr., 5 months old and a resident of Kidapawan City;
- Yushra Solaiman 3 years old and a resident of Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao;
- Benjamin Solaiman, 5 years old and a resident of Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao;
- Rodolfo R. Castillo, 67 years old and a resident of Toril Davao City;
- Lester Alkane Bautista, 17 years old and a resident of Poblacion, Pikit, Cotabato.
- Haron Solaiman Sr., 24 years old and a resident of Kidapawan City; and
- Masid Benjamin, 25 years old and a resident of Datu Odin Sinsuat, Maguindanao;
The wounded victims were immediately brought to Aleosan District Hospital and Cotabato Regional Medical Center for immediate medical intervention.
Coordination with CPPO-EOD and Cotabato Crime Laboratory is presently ongoing at the crime scene- while area render safe procedure for possible secondary IED and post blast investigation is being conducted in the area. Also, PRO 12 immediately organized an SITG headed by PCol Michael Lebanan, CRS to supervise the investigation of said heinous terrorist attack to a civilian target.
“The Police Regional Office 12 strongly condemns the cowardly terrorist attack against the innocent commuters of Mindanao Star bus in Purok Narra, Barangay Upper San Mateo, Aleosan, Cotabato Province this morning which wounded seven (7) victims including three (3) children. We hope for the fast recovery of the injured and be assured that those behind the bombing will face the full force of the law.” PBGEN. TAGUM said.
(Source: Police Regional Office 12 – Public Information Office Facebook page)