Bacolod City – The occupants of two major quarantine facilities of Negros Occidental provincial government increased to 244 as of January 11, after being empty in mid-December last year, Provincial Inter Agency Task Force action officer Rayfrando Diaz reported yesterday.
This also triggered by the increasing number of COVID-19 active cases in the province which was recorded at more than 400 yesterday, Diaz said.
He added that there are 12 COVID-19 patients who are suffering from mild to moderate cases of infection being treated at the Cadiz District Hospital, which is designated as a COVID-19 facility.
The Silay healing facility is now occupied by 214 individuals, of which 164 tested positive for COVID-19, with 19 more others reactive to rapid antigen testing, and others who are close contacts of infected persons, Diaz said.
Thirty others are being isolated at the Cadiz healing facility, while the EB Magalona healing facility remains empty, he added.
Of more than 200 inbound travelers that arrived in Negros Occidental from January 6 to 9 and were found to have been reactive to antigen testing, 120 tested positive for COVID-19 after confirmatory tests.
This prompted Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson to issue an executive order requiring airline companies to lessen their flights to Negros Occidental to one flight daily per airline company, and for shipping company to reduce their passengers to 50 percent.
On the other hand, 15 travelers from Bacolod City who entered Dumaguete City in Negros Oriental tested positive for COVID-19.
Of the 15 infected persons, 13 of them are vaccinated, Dumaguete City Health Officer Dr. Maria Sarah Talla said. (Gilbert Bayoran via The Visayan Daily Star (TVDS), photo courtesy of TVDS)