Pagadian: Vigil Candle Causes Fire Incident, House Wrecked By Fire


Dumalinao, Zamboanga del Sur – A fire incident took place at Purok Subis, Brgy. Sumadat, Dumalinao Zamboanga del Sur. It was reported by certain Carlo Braganza with mobile number 0951-792-2529, that fire incident was on progress on that said location. The fire Engine No 8 (Rosenbauer) responded to verify the fire call. It was identified as the house of Victor Lobido/Ali V. Lobido. It was fire out upon arrival.

Initial investigation through an interview among the witness, that the fire started at the living room where a lit candle was left. Accordingly, Ali V. Lobido left the house and went to the cemetery to visit her husband’s remains since it was a birthday of the latter. She left the house with an unattended lighted vigil candle. As a result, thereof, the candle ignited the table cloth and escalated the ordinary materials nearby. The entire house was totally wrecked by fire.

No fire out was declared since it was overhauling operation. The ground commander was SFO2 Isagani N. Sakall, shift Commander B. There was no casualty nor injury among the other occupants and the fire fighters responded the fire scene.

(Source: BFP Pagadian, photo courtesy by Chris Sanico)

Leave a Reply