29 C
Manila
Friday, February 23, 2024

Bacolod: ‘Anti-dengue measures should have been in place’

- Advertisement -

Bacolod City – Negros Occidental Provincial Administrator Atty. Rayfrando Diaz said recently that he had emphasized to Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Dr. Ernell Tumimbang that preventive measures against dengue should have been in place already at the onset of the rainy season.

Visit RPN DYKB Bacolod

“Ngaa nag lambot sa amu ni when the budget has been there since January 1,” Diaz pointed out.

But Diaz said the PHO is now doubling its efforts to catch up and are currently visiting areas of the province where clustering of dengue cases has been reported.

The number of dengue cases in Negros Occidental has now breached the 800-mark from January 1 to May 28, based on data released by the Department of Health (DOH) in Western Visayas recently.

According to the DOH-6 report for Morbidity Week No. 21, Negros Occidental has recorded 105 new cases as of May 28.

Total cases are up by 357 percent compared to the same period last year.

Deaths, however, remain at five since January 1 and the province still has the highest number of cases in the region with Antique province coming in second with a 216 percent increase, and Iloilo province at third with an increase of 116 percent.

Bacolod City, meanwhile, remains at 139 cases as of May 28 with no new cases recorded. (Dolly Yasa via The Daily Guardian (TDG), photo courtesy of TDG)

- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

- Advertisement -