As of 12 noon today, January 11, 2023 more or less 2,540 individuals have been evacuated to safer grounds due to flooding, per initial reports sent in by the different police stations.
At least 13 barangays are affected by floods due to persistent rains: Cabaluay, Sangali (ZCPS3); Guisao (ZCPS4); Sto. Niño, Putik (ZCPS5); Tugbungan, Tetuan (ZCPS6); Tumaga, Guiwan Porcentro, Santa Maria (ZCPS7); Cawit, Ayala (ZCPS9) and Pilar St., Martha Drive, Brgy. Zone IV, San Jose Road and Brgy. San Jose (ZCPS11).
The following are the evacuation centers activated:
1. Armor Village Covered Court- more or less (MOL) 150 Individual/evacuees
2. Southcom Natl HS- MOL 210 Individual/evacuees
3. Brgy. San Jose Gusu Brgy Hall- MOL 70 Individual/evacuees
4. St. Josephine Chapel, Tetuan – MOL 70 Individual/evacuees
5. Villa Asuncion Subd. Covered Court – Neg
6. Santa Maria Covert Court – MOL 500 Individual/evacuees
7. Tumaga Covert Court – MOL 500 Individual/ evacuees
8. Ayala Gymnasium – MOL 250 Individual/ evacuees
9. Brgy. Tugbungan Covert Court – MOL 40 Individual/ evacuees
10. Talisayan Elementary – MOL 200 individuals/evacuees
11. Cabatangan Covert Court – MOL 200 individuals/evacuees
12. Guiwan Barangay Hall – MOL 150 Individuals/evacuees
13. Guisao Elem. School. – MOL 150 Individuals/evacuees
14. Talon-Talon Barangay Hall – MOL 50 Individuals/evacuees
Mayor John Dalipe has mobilized City Government resources to respond and assist families and individuals affected by the flooding caused by continuous rains due to the low pressure area affecting Zamboanga City since Tuesday, January 10.
Water Level at intake diversion dam in Pasonanca remains at 77.60 meters, a highly critical level, as of 12noon. Normal level is 74.20 meters.
Response teams from ZCDRRMO along with the ZCPO and other agencies, BDRRMCs and volunteer groups are on the ground, as rescue operations continue in different areas. (Sheila Covarrubias, photo courtesy of ZCPO)
(Source: City Government of Zamboanga Facebook page)