Bacolod City – The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP)-6 has increased its cash reward from ₱ 10,000 to ₱ 15,000 each for the two remaining escapees of the Negros Occidental District Jail (NODJ) in Bago City, Negros Occidental.
This was announced yesterday by Atty. Jairus Anthony Dogelio, BJMP-6 spokesperson.
Dogelio said Francisco Epogon of Cauayan town and Alejandro Montoya of Victorias City are still at large.
Epogon was reportedly linked to the notorious Epogon robbery group operating in the province and was charged for robbery with violation against intimidation of person, and robbery with homicide.
Montoya was charged for carnapping, robbery, illegal possession of firearms, attempted homicide, and acts of lasciviousness.
Dogelio said that they already have a lead on the whereabouts of the two remaining escapees.
“May ara naman ta information and lead na ginasundan,” he added.
Epogon and Montoya were among the five high-risk persons deprived of liberty (PDLs) who escaped from NODJ on June 29, 2021.
Dogelio said they are not sure yet how the PDLs acquired a saw they used to cut the steel bars of their cells since visitation is prohibited amid the pandemic, although clothes and food from visitors were allowed.
“For now, indi ta pa gid mabal-an if paano,” he added.
Marvin Celeste and his brother Danilo, both residents of Victorias City, were killed by authorities after they reportedly resisted arrest during a manhunt operation in Murcia town and Talisay City last week.
The Celeste brothers were charged for illegal possession of firearms; and carnapping, robbery, illegal possession of firearms, and attempted homicide, respectively.
Meanwhile, Daniel Tamon of Don Salvador Benedicto town, who was charged for murder, was recaptured by authorities in Murcia town on June 30.
(Glazyl Masculino via The Daily Guardian (TDG), photo courtesy of TDG)