Camp Evangelista, Cagayan de Oro City – Four (4) more C130 plane crash victims have arrived this afternoon in Lumbia Airport, Cagayan de Oro City as the remaining nine (9) Army personnel who perished in the ill-fated C130 plane crash were already identified.
The 4th Infantry (Diamond) Division provided arrival honors to the Philippine Army personnel upon arrival of their remains at Lumbia Airport. They were then brought to St. Ignatius de Loyola Chapel in 4ID Camp Evangelista, Patag CDOC. The four (4) personnel are identified as follows:
- Pvt. Erwin M. Canton PA – P-6 Poblacion Sibagat, Agusan del Sur
- Pvt. Jhun T. Capagngan PA – Jang, Poblacion, Mahinog, Camiguin
- Pvt. Mansueto B. Linagtong PA – P-3 Cambuayon, Bacuag Surigao del Norte
- Pvt. Michael Dalore PA – P-9 Brgy. Sto Nino, Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur
A Mass was offered to the said fallen heroes at the 4ID Chapel and were subsequently accorded with Full Military Honors afterwards as a ceremonial sendoff towards their respective residences. Other Philippine Army personnel who were identified by the SOCO Crime Lab Region IX and were released for transport to places of residence are as follows:
- Cpl. Dexter E. Estrada PA – Paloyon, Nabua Camarines Sur
- Cpl. Gulam H. Ismael PA – 477, Asturias, Jolo, Sulu
- PFC Benjie S. Malanog PA – Tabuan, Tukuran, Zamboanga del Sur
- Pvt. Mansueto B Linagtong PA – P-3 Cambuayon, Bacuag Surigao del Norte
- Cpl. Reynel A. Matundin PA – P-5, Katidtuan Kabacan, North Cotabato
Meanwhile, Major General Romeo S. Brawner Jr., Commander of the 4th Infantry (Diamond) Division said that the 4 Army personnel are in addition to the 15 Army personnel who were earlier brought to their respective residences within the 4ID AOR and were already laid to rest at their respective hometowns, as follows:
- Sgt. Butch Maestro PA – P2, Cogon, Buenavista, Agusan del Norte
- Pvt. Vic A. Monera – P6, Dagumbaan, Maramag, Bukidnon
- Pvt. Raymar C. Carmona PA – P3, Sangay, Kitcharao, Agusan del Norte
- Pvt. Mel Mark L. Angana PA – P5, Dumayas, Maligaya, Malaybalay, Bukidnon
- Pvt. Mark Nash P. Lumanta PA – P6, Dagumbaan, Maramag, Bukidnon
- Pvt. Marcelino H. Alquisar – Poblacion, Impasug-ong, Bukidnon
- Cpl. Jay-ar V. Obenita PA – P3, Anibongan, Lianga, Surigao del Sur
- PFC Carlos D. Dapanas PA – P3, Brgy. Tuod, Manticao, Misamis Oriental
- PFC Philipp Dante T. Camilosa PA – P3, Brgy. Bit-os, Butuan City, Agusan del Norte
- Pvt. Carlos Jhun C. Paragua PA – P6 Sta. Cruz, Brgy. Manila de Bugabus, Butuan City, Agusna del Norte
- Sg. Nelson B. Hadjiri PA – Kadingilan, Bukidnon
- Pvt. Joey T. Loterte – P2, Salvacion, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur
- Cpl. Jerome V. Balivado – P8, Alingit, Esperanza, Agusan del Sur
- Pvt. Kevin L. Damole – P4, Lago, Sampaguita, Kibawe, Bukidnon
- Pvt. Jesfel Mequiabas PA – Brgy. Mat-I, Claveria, Misamis Oriental
Hence, the 38 Army personnel and 12 Air Force personnel out of the 96 total passengers who died from the C130 plane crash in Patikul, Sulu have all been identified and accounted for.
MGen. Brawner Jr. ensured the families of the fallen soldiers that the 4ID will continuously extend needed assistance in the processing of respective benefits and claims of the beneficiaries. “We are sincerely grateful to the families for their patience and understanding for this challenging process. We our sincerely grateful for the sacrifice and service of our fallen heroes. May their soul rest in peace”.
“The outpouring of support and the heartwarming messages from different stakeholders have sustained the high spirit of our troops. As we get past this tragic chapter of our organization, we assure everyone that we are more motivated and committed in our quest for peace and development”, MGen Brawner Jr added.
(Maj Francisco Garello Jr. Chief Division Public Affairs Office 4ID)
(News & photos courtesy of Radyo Pilipinas Butuan Facebook page)