Guv Declares NegOr Under Enhanced Community Quarantine

Guv Declares NegOr Under Enhanced Community Quarantine

by RPN
136 views

The province of Negros Oriental will be placed under an enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) status this week after Governor Roel Degamo made an announcement late Sunday amid the rising number of coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases in the country.

In a statement coursed through Capitol Public Information Officer Bimbo Miraflor, the governor said the ECQ will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on April 3.

Degamo, in a recorded video message, said the decision to implement the ECQ came following calls from the Integrated Bar of the Philippines in Negros Oriental (IBP-Negros Oriental), and upon the recommendation of the Philippine College of Physicians, the Negros Oriental Medical Society, and Negros Oriental Inter-agency Task Force on Covid-19.

The governor is expected to issue an executive order with the guidelines for the ECQ at the soonest time possible.

On Monday, he met with the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Covid-19, to include the different government agencies and the private sector here to discuss the guidelines for the implementation of the ECQ ordinance.

Initially, the ECQ will be imposed for 14 days but could be extended, depending on the current Covid-19 situation in the country.

Meanwhile, people flocked to grocery stores and supermarkets on Monday in a perceived panic-buying spree to stockpile on food and other essential commodities in preparation for the ECQ.

Under the ECQ, there would be limited movement and only people going out for emergencies and special needs will be allowed on the streets. A curfew will be imposed.

The province was previously on general community quarantine with two Covid-19 deaths already reported. ( Mary Judaline Partlow pna)

0 comment

Related Posts