Cops Warn Versus ‘Budol-Budol’ Modus Targeting Children

0
119

Bacolod City – The Pontevedra Municipal Police Station in Negros Occidental reminded parents to strictly look after their children, following a report on the new “budol-budol” modus targeting school children at home.

Police Captain Hancel Lumandaz, town police chief, said they received a report over the weekend about a Grade 2 pupil whose house at Barangay Cambaros was allegedly robbed by unidentified man who introduced himself as a teacher or someone affiliated with the Department of Education (DepEd).

The man allegedly asked the child first if there were no adults inside the house, and when he sensed there was none, he then entered the house and went over the child’s module, Lumandaz said.

The suspect allegedly checked on some valuables and carted away a cellular phone and ₱ 1,000 cash, and fled, he added.

Lumandaz said the incident happened on Sunday, prompting them to immediately post a warning on social media so that the public, particularly the parents, will be aware of it.

Lumandaz said similar cases happened in the town previously which alarmed some residents. However, he said that they have not received any report after the recent incident.

The town police force is urging the people of Pontevedra to report any suspicious-looking individuals to the police through their hotline number – 09998171462 or in the barangay.
(Glazyl Masculino via The Daily Guardian, photo courtesy of Pontevedra PNP Facebook page)

Leave a Reply