Bacolod City – The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP)-6 has raised the cash reward for the recapture of the remaining escapee of the Negros Occidental District Jail.
From ₱ 15,000, the cash reward for the rearrest of Alejandro Montoya of Victorias was increased to ₱ 20,000.
Atty. Jairus Anthony Dogelio, spokesperson of the BJMP-6, said authorities continue to look for Montoya who was charged for carnapping, robbery, illegal possession of firearms, attempted homicide, and acts of lasciviousness.
Dogelio said that Montoya sent surrender feelers to his family and friends but has yet to get in touch with the authorities as he worries for his safety.
Dogelio said that Montoya is still in the province.
Montoya was among the five persons deprived of liberty (PDLs), who bolted out from the NODJ in Bago City on June 28, 2021.
Marvin Celeste and his brother Danilo, both residents of Victorias City, were killed by authorities after they reportedly resisted arrest during a manhunt operation in Murcia town and Talisay City last month.
Daniel Tamon of Don Salvador Benedicto town, was the first to be recaptured by authorities in Murcia town on June 30.
Dogelio said the cash reward increased after the arrest of Francisco Epogon in Binalbagan town on July 23.
Epogon of Cauayan town, who was reportedly linked to the notorious Epogon robbery group operating in the province, was charged for robbery with violation against intimidation of person, and robbery with homicide.
(Glazyl Masculino via The Daily Guardian (TDG), photo courtesy of TDG)