NPA Owns Ambush-Slay Of 4 Cops In Ayungon, Negros Oriental

by RPN
0 comment
NPA Owns Ambush-Slay Of 4 Cops In Ayungon, Negros Oriental

Four policemen were killed in an ambush initiated by a unit of Mt. Cansermon Command -New People’s Army (MCC-NPA). The ambush happened in Sitio Yamot, Brgy. Mabato, Ayungon, Negros Oriental last week.
Killed on the spot were Corporal Lireberth Berollo, PO1 Ruel Cabellon, Po1 Raffy Callao, Po1 Marquino F. De Leon. They are active intelligence members of 704th Regional Mobile Force Batallion – Police Regional Office 7 ( RMFB – PRO7) based in Sitio Mabingka, Brgy Mabato, Ayungon, Negros Oriental.

” Based on our intelligence report, the four police operatives were gathering information and surveilling the area for another round of Oplan Sauron or Synchronized Enhanced Management of Police Operations (SEMPO) where innocent civilians are killed by uniformed personnel in the guise of counter-insurgency efforts. These police officers have been long harassing the residents of the area for allegedly supporting the revolutionary movement. In fact, the residents were forced to evacuate because of continued intimidation. “, said Dionisio Magbuelas, spokesperson of MCC-NPA.

Recovered from their possession are 4 Canik 9mm pistol, 9 magazines and 135 ammunition, and a list of names of their targets.

“It has been proven that the fascist US-Duterte regime have long been using elements of reactionary armed force to threaten, intimidate, harrass, and even killing of the people. Through this successful tactical offensive, we have foiled the enemy’s plan of repression and terrorism towards the people. Let this be a warning to the reactionary fascist regime that the NPA is ever determined to frustrate your all out offensives and to punish for all the brutal crimes against the people,” added Magbuelas.

Meanwhile, President Rodrigo Duterte is offering a PHP1 million reward for any information that would lead to the arrest of perpetrators responsible for the killing of the four police personnel in an ambush in Sitio Yamot, Barangay Mabato in Ayungon town, Negros Oriental on July 18.

Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo bared this after confirming that Duterte visited the wake of the four police personnel to condole with the bereaved families on Saturday (July 20) night.

After the wake, Panelo said Duterte convened a Command Conference with the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Philippine National Police where the developments relative to the investigation on the incident were discussed.

“According to the Chief Executive, a PHP1 million reward will be given for the capture, whether dead or alive, of the masterminds, perpetrators, and main shooters of the four police intel personnel,” Panelo said in a statement yeesterday. (via NDB)

Related Posts