Camp Major Bado Dangwa, La Trinidad, Benguet – 132 individuals were arrested after Joint operatives of PROCOR police and PDEA raided an illegal gambling den in the evening of June 12, 2021 at a commercial building in Legarda Road, Baguio City.
A concerned individual informed the law enforcers of the alleged illegal gambling activities at the said building and upon verifying the received information operatives launched the operation
Table Managers and 124 bettors were arrested during the operation.
Confiscated items from the possession and control of the arrested suspects were the following:
- Complete set for Drop ball (Salisi)
- Gambling cards
- One set of Flat screen Television for online sabong
- Assorted colors of chips
- Bet money amounting to Three Hundred Sixty-Three Thousand One Hundred Seventy Pesos
- One Toshiba Laptop computer
- Pad papers containing numerical figures for their net proceeds
- Assorted Chairs/tables and assorted Ball pens
It can be recalled that Baguio city Mayor Benjamin Magalong ordered the Baguio City Police Office (BCPO) to stop drop ball operations in the city.
All arrested suspects were released for Further Investigation after they were subjected to inquest proceedings the following day. (Joseph Manzano, RPN DZBS Baguio OIC)
(Source: PROCOR-Public Information Office)